WOW! We had over 1180 signatures on our petition to bring model diversity to the London Catwalks...and while LFW didn't enforce healthy models on the Winter Catwalks, we are still trying to ensure that LFW rectify that in time for the Summer catwalks in September 2007. Keep supporting us, as AnyBody toils away behind the scenes in discussions with the LFW to make that petition a reality! We wanted to thank everyone for signing...and show a sample of some of the wonderful supportive comments we recieved here! We will keep you posted on our progress!
(left image - a fabulous display of diversity from photographer Spencer Tunick)
- West Yorkshire, England - We have a responsability to prevent fatal eating disorders, we cannot stand by and pretend it is not happening
- Sydney - The fashion industry must show some leadership - unfortunately its been lacking to date.
- Nottinghamshire, England - I'm about the age where I'm the most affected by the media and what I see, especially on the catwalks. While I'm not conforming to it, I see a lot of girls I know making themselves sick trying to look like the super-skinny models. Please stop it.
- Boston , MA, USA - Health is more important than Fashion
- New Zealand - Please help us make this the first generation of women who love their bodies unconditionally, dont let this be the generation where the age of anorexicia starts at preteen years.
- London - Anything that helps young women and girls to value themselves more highly and to resist the continuing assault on them is to welcome. That is why I support this campaign.
- You look at those girls and you think: i want to look like that! but then you realize - no-one looks like that! These models are encouraging eating disorders, and telling us that we need to be thin to be pretty, loved, or happy.
- Albuquerque New Mexico USA - Britain can take the lead in this
- New York - All fashion industries should adopt this policy